4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cups (1 stick) butter, at room temp.
1 cup flour
For The Filing
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter melted
1 cup pecans
1. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 350. Grease 2- 12 -cup mini-muffin tins.
2. Cut the cream cheese and butter in pieces. Put in a mixing bowl. Sift over the flour and mix to form a dough.
3. Roll the dough out thinly. With a fluted pastry cutter, stamp out 24 2 1/2- inch rounds. Line the muffins cups with the rounds and refrigerate while making the filling.
4. For the filling, lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the brown, a few tablespoons at a time, and add the vanilla, salt, and butter. Set aside.
5. Reserve 24 pecan halves and chop the rest coarsely with a sharp knife.
6. Place a spoonful of chopped nuts in each muffin cup and cover with the filling. Set a pecan half on the top of each.
7. Bake until puffed and set, about 20 mins. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve at room temperate.
You can put any kind of filling in these: Lemon curd, pumpkin, jams and fresh fruit. This recipe always brings smiles!
Leave a Reply