It’s been eight and half years since my last baby. I had my first five in my early 20’s and now I’m in my early 30’s. This has been an amazing journey. I was totally prepared for 4-6 months of throwing up and feeling pretty miserable, but something amazing has happened… I have had the best pregnancy ever. The only thing I can figure is that we changed our diet to about a 20/80 whole foods diet. We’re pretty healthy 80% of the time. The other 20% isn’t really bad, but I’m a baker and I won’t give up my baking. I’m OK with that; I just use real butter, organic unbleached flour, farm fresh eggs and organic cane sugar, plus lots of high quality ingredients. I say eat your grass fed beef and liver. Don’t forget lots of veggies, fruit, raw dairy, fermented foods, and healthy fats, then eat your cake too!
My baby is big and measuring great. I have big kids about 10lbs, my largest being my son at 11lbs -6oz. I don’t have diabetes or anything, just big babies run in the family. Another thing is my hormones seem to be in a healing mode; I’ve had to deal with them being wacky for a while. So, I’d say this has been a healing pregnancy!
You are all a bunch of amazing readers. I thank you, for all the sweet emails. If you haven’t watched our recent youtube, please do. And leave a comment, we would love to hear what you think.
– Abby Jo